"Marionettes" explores the behaviors of people and how they hold onto old emotional ties. My series explores the strings that invisibly hold us prisoner.
A marionette is a puppet controlled from above using wires or strings depending on regional variations. A marionette's puppeteer is called a marionettist. Marionettes are operated with the puppeteer hidden or revealed to an audience by using a vertical or horizontal control bar in different forms of theatres or entertainment venues. They have also been used in films and on television. The attachment of the strings varies according to its character or purpose.
-- INCLUDES --
- One original painting, unframed
- Signed on front and dated on front
-- MATERIALS --
- Ink on 300# coldpress paper
- All materials are archival
- Measures 22"W x 30"H x .125"D (55.88 x 76.2 x 0.3175 cm)
-- SHIPPING --
- Ships rolled, unframed
- Expected delivery is 5-7 business days (domestic) and 2-5 weeks (international)
- If you need your piece faster, please email me before purchase, and we can work something out
-- DETAILS --
- Make sure you click on the image for a up close and full detail look
- Sample display image is not exactly to scale